Our sincerest condolences go to Karl and Lucette who recently lost their son Luc in a plane crash in BC. For those of you who know them, I am sure you can appreciate how devastated they are to lose their son in such an untimely fashion. No parent should have to bury their child. Our thoughts and prayers are with them. For more information you can go to the following link.
A little worse for wear but a fun time was had by all. Our end of season party at the Royal St. Lawrence Yacht club was quite the event. Pictures will be available shortly on the website. Thanks to everyone who joined in the fun. You helped make the evening a success.
Our three Garmin Prize winners were Mickey Zigman, Tom Ventser and Rejean Lagrange.
Many thanks to the volunteers who helped make the evening possible.
- The pre-party decorating committee: John Gradwell, Pierre Lamarre, Germain Berubé, Catherine Perman and Ken Bilodeau for helping to decorate the room so nicely.
- Janusz Szewczyk for helping with the last minute Halloween treats.
- Joanna Cumyn for planning out the meal and in helping set up the room.
- Ann Taranowski, Gerry Wiviott, and Kathie Mills for meeting and greeting.
- Helene Carrière, Helene Daoust, Cheryl Walker, John Phillipson for their help in organizing the door prize draws.
- Tom Klemola, Mickey Zigman, Henry Jeung and Mark Schachter for cleaning up at the end of the evening.
The Member of the Year was not announced at the party because they were not in attendance. We will make the announcement at the AGM on November 18th so reserve that date. More information about the AGM will follow shortly.
Votes for Member of the year are now being accepted.
We are looking for the person you think best represents the values of the CCB.
Last year we asked for your nominations/votes for the member and volunteer who best represented the club. This year we are merging these two awards into one single “member of the year” award.
We are looking for someone who has any or all of the following attributes:
1. Someone who was a good group rider (that means someone who could ride in a group) and the level of performance should not be a factor – in fact it is often awarded to someone who can ride in all groups not just their own.
2. Someone who was always ready to volunteer and help
3. Always had a good attitude towards fellow members
4. Showed a remarkable dedication to the club by volunteering, participating and helping new and returning members at events or on the rides
All members of the CCB are welcome to cast their votes. You have until midnight Oct 14th to vote. If for some reason you do not know the name of the rider then you can always forward your email and include your group and as complete a description as possible of the person you want to vote for. (Have a look at the pictures on the website in case you can see them there).
The person who receives the most votes will be awarded the prize at the end of season party on the 22nd.
How to vote: Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the person you would like to vote for.